How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair in 5 minutes – Have you ever made your hair look dashing just before leaving home only to see a reflection down the road and you are carrying a frizzy hair? It’s almost like someone switched your real hair for a bird’s nest.
The look is not a good one especially if you have curly hair. A lot of people brush off frizzy hairs and blame it on natural texture.
In reality, they’re not just putting in the effort for a proper hair care regimen. Today, we bring you dry frizzy hair treatment home remedies.
Don’t worry, these are not expensive frizzy hair products.
In fact, some of the things you need are probably available in your home.
Just before we go into the details of how to tame frizzy hair, let’s clear some things up.
It’s good to know how frizzy hair arises in the first place. That way, you can know how best to manage your hair.
What is the Cause of Frizzy Hair?
The short answer is dryness. Your hair needs to absorb enough moisture and retain it keep its texture and bounce.
If your hair is repeatedly dehydrated, the cuticles will elevate to let in moisture.
When this happens, excess moisture from the air will make your hair swell and then frizz.
This is why frizzy hair looks brittle, fragile, and unhealthy.
Frizzy hair can also be caused by some medical conditions, although these are rare. They are:
- Anorexia nervosa
- Menkes disease
- Hormone abnormalities, etc.
Some other causes are as follows:
- Chlorinated water
- Excessive hair wash
- Harsh hair product
- Excessive sun exposure
- Nutritional deficiency
How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair in 5 minutes: 11 Home Remedies That Work
1. Use Oils for Frizzy Hair
Some oils work great as a frizzy hair treatment.
They’re popular among those who prefer organic hair regimen.
These oils are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E.
They will seal the hair cuticle with moisture and repair any damage.
That’s not all, using any of these oils on your hair will also add shine and strengthen frizzy hair.
How to Prepare Homemade Frizzy Hair Oil:
- Heat up any of these oils but don’t bring it to boil, just warm
- Massage it into your scalp evenly
- Wrap the hair with a warm towel for 30 to 45 minutes
- Afterward, shampoo and rinse the hair thoroughly
2. Coconut Milk to Tame Frizzy Hair
Coconut milk is a good source of light protein and it is effective for treating hair damage.
It will nourish and moisturize your hair making it turn out strong, shiny, and smooth (1).
How to Use Coconut Milk for Frizzy Hair:
- Pour some coconut milk in a bowl and bring it to heat to warm.
- Wash your hair with it and massage down to your scalp.
- Leave it on for the next 30 minutes.
- Wash it off and shampoo your hair.
3. Use Gelatin
Gelatin can be a good source of protein for the hair.
It will coat the hair and moisturize it making it smooth and shiny.
How to Use Gelatin for Hair Treatment
- Mix a tablespoon of gelatin with a cup of warm water.
- Leave it for some minutes so the gelatin can set.
- Add 6 drops of essential oil such as jasmine, rosemary, or lavender.
- Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and mix them all together.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and leave it or 10 minutes.
- Afterward, rinse your hair with tepid water.
4. Aloe Vera for Frizzy Hair Treatment
If you combine it with a carrier oil, as we will do, it will add a protective layer to your cuticle.
That will reduce moisture loss and leave your hair shiny and soft.
How to Aloe Vera for Hair Treatment:
- Mix ¼ cup of aloe vera gel with ¼ cup of any carrier oil.
- Apply the gel to your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
- For long-lasting results, do this about twice a week.
5. Yogurt and Oil Hair Mask
A combination of yogurt and oil can do wonder for your hair.
Even if you don’t have a case of frizzy hair, you can use it as a maintenance regimen.
How to Yogurt and Oil Mask for Hair
- Mix half a cup of plain yogurt with a tablespoon of olive oil and 5 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- After shampooing your hair, apply the mixture all the way down to your scalp.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Afterward, wash it off thoroughly with warm water.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair Fast
If you have been wondering if apple cider vinegar can help frizzy hair, you will find out soon.
ACV helps your hair cuticle close so it can hold moisture better.
It also balances the pH level of your hair and washes off excess grease and dirt buildup.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Treatment:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ACV with 2 cups of water.
- Use one of the best shampoos for frizzy hair on your hair.
- Rinse off the shampoo with the ACV mixture and let it sit in for 5 minutes.
- Finish off the regimen with a conditioner.
7. Banana Hair Mask Treatment
Bananas are rich in potassium and have a high moisture content.
This can help moisturize your frizzy hair and strengthen it.
It can also prevent your hair from splitting as well as soften it and then increase its elasticity.
All you need to do is to mash one banana into a fine paste and then apply it to your hair.
From scalp all the way to the ends of the hair. Leave it for 60 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
8. Honey and Yogurt for Frizzy Hair
Honey is a natural emollient and can make your frizzy hair smoother and shinier.
Yogurt, on the other hand, is a natural conditioner for hair and will help it retain moisture.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of yogurt and one tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture into your scalp as well as the strands of your hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Afterward, wash it off with cold water.
9. Lemon and Honey for Frizzy Hair Home Remedy
You can tell how useful honey is to your hair since it is featuring again.
The vitamin C in the lemon will improve hair growth will the combined ingredients will cleanse the hair of dirt which reduces frizz.
- 2 tbsp lemon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup of water
- Wash your hair.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Apply the mixture to your wet hair.
- Work it into your scalp and let it touch all the strands.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and shampoo.
10. Beer to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair Fast
Weird right? Let’s just call it strange. However, the beer won’t feature on this list if it wasn’t effective for frizzy hair.
It contains ingredients that can restore moisture to the hair.
Beer can also wash off buildup as well as restore hair health.
How to Use Beer for Hair Treatment.
- First, you want to decarbonate it.
- Do that by pouring the beer into a bowl and let it sit till it goes flat.
- After washing your hair with frizzy hair solution like a shampoo, pour the beer on the hair and work it into your scalp.
- Rinse it thoroughly with cold water.
- Don’t worry, your hair won’t get drunk, neither will it smell like a drunkard’s burp.
11. Use Mayonnaise
This is one of the best shampoos and conditioner for frizzy hair.
Mayonnaise helps the hair hold in moisture which alleviates frizzy hair. It also gives your hair shine, strength, and nourishment.
How to Use Mayonnaise to Make Hair Soft
- Mix ¼ cup of mayonnaise, 1/3 cup of almond oil, and 1 to 2 eggs (depending on the length of your hair).
- Apply it to your hair covering your scalp as well as the stands of your hair.
- Cover it up with a hot towel or shower cap for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
These home remedies have other health benefits apart from helping you get rid of frizzy hair.
Use it as we have directed and you will soon start getting compliments about how great your hair looks.
Be sure to keep away from the things that can dry up your scalp and lead to frizzy hair.
Toast to your grooming and enjoy the attention.
Now it is your turn. If you know any home remedies to get rid of frizzy hair permanently, share it in the comment box below.