Looking for best home remedies to get rid of lice in one day? Then you have come to the right page. This article will show you how to get rid of lice permanently at home with essential oils, nit comb, neem oil, vinegar, and more.
Head lice are small tiny parasites that majorly reside on human scalp especially in children’s hair and feed on blood.
The infections of head lice are majorly common among children and this can spread from one person to another especially within the family member.
According to the survey conducted by Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the United States infestations of pediculosis (lice) is rampant among children 3 to 11 years of age and about 6 million to 12 million of children are affected each year.
In the U.S, infestation with hair lice is rear among African-Americans than people of other races. Head lice in adults are also not very common
Head lice reproduce very fast, but the good news is that does not cause any serious disease and can be eliminated fast.
Sometimes you can just apply shampoos and rinse your hair to get them off easily. Another thing you can do is to nit combing them out.
Although “It takes patience and perseverance, but not only does it get rid of both live lice and eggs, it’s completely not harmful and without side effects.
Checking everybody’s head in the family, even adult, and by laundering in hot water at temperatures above 122 ° F; sheets, pillowcases, clothing, and anything you think it may harbor lice will kill adult and juvenile lice” says Dr. Claire McCarthy- a pediatrician at Harvard-affiliated Boston Children’s Hospital.
Head lice Symptoms
- Sleeping problem
- A ticklish feeling overhead, hair, or body
- Sores that develop from scratching itches
- Red bumps on your head, neck, shoulders, or pubic area
- Tiny white objects in your hair
So how do remove lice from hair? There are effective home remedies on how to get rid of lice permanently in one day with no side effects.
7 Effective Home Remedies to Get Rid of Lice Permanently in One Day
1. Nit Comb for Lice Removal
This is one of the simplest home remedies to get rid of lice. You can use this for children under 2 years old, make sure you this hair using a fine-toothed nit comb.
For best results, comb while the hair is wet and contains hair cream or conditioner. Comb out the 2 times each session for one week
2. Neem Oil and Neem Shampoo
This a natural insecticide that can help to eliminate lice in children and adult with little or no side effects.
According to a research published by Pubmed it was found that anti-louse shampoo is one most effective home remedies on how to get rid of lice lice infestation in on the day.
You can also add neem oil with shampoo or by a shampoo that has neem oil in it.
But to make it more potent add 5-7 neem oil to your hair or your children hair that has lice and uses it regularly until you get a positive result.
Read: How to Grow Long Hair for Men; 10 Tips for Healthy Hair
3. Garlic and Lime for Lice
Garlic is generally known for its health benefits. Being a hot spice with the very strong smell it will kill lice and eradicate all the lice eggs in the hair.
- Grind 10 garlic cloves and add 2-3 teaspoons of lime juice to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the scalp thoroughly and allow it to sit for 30-40 minutes before rinsing it out with warm water.
- Do this for 4 weeks for the effective result.
4. Anise oil and Coconut oil for Head Lice
As we all know the importance of coconut oil for natural hair growth. It nourishes the scalp and helps to remove sebum accumulation from hair follicles.
The lubricating effect of coconut oil will inhabit the multiplication of lice population in head lice.
A 2010 clinical trial revealing that coconut oil and anise spray is significantly more effective over permethrin 0.43% lotion for head louse infestation.
- Apply apple cider vinegar to infected hair thoroughly and rinse it out from your hair with hot water to open your scalp and let it dry.
- Then rob your hair and scalp with coconut oil and anise essential oil
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let sit overnight.
- In the next day comb it out and then apply shampoo as usual.
- Do this for 7 days for the effective result.
5. Essential Oils for Head lice
The essential oil has been proven to be one of the effective and best ways to get rid of lice.
While applying one make sure you are combing your hair out with nit comb for the better result.
So if your kid is allergic to one, you can use another type of essential oil.
Here is the list of essential oils you can to combat lice infestations:
- Eucalyptus oil
- Anise oil
- Cinnamon leaf oil
- Red thyme oil
- Peppermint oil
- Nutmeg oil
- Tea tree oil
- Lavender oil
- Neem oil
- Clove oil (Buy your Essential Oils here)
How to Treat the Lice with Essential Oil
- Apply about 3 to 10 drops of essential oil to 2 ounces of olive oil or jojoba or any carrier oil and mix them together
- Then let it sit on your scalp overnight
- In the morning. Comb everything out then shampoo twice.
6. Vinegar to Get Rid of Head Lice
The active ingredient in vinegar which is acetic acidic is very potent to eliminate hair lice, as this can dissolve the sticky glue that the female louse uses to bind her eggs to hair strands.
How to Use Vinegar for Lice
- First, wash your hair with shampoo to open the scalp.
- Add white vinegar with an equal amount of water.
- Then wash your hair with this solution and cover it with the shower cap for one and half hour.
- Next, dip a comb in vinegar and use it to comb your hair through, the small portion of your at a time until you combed everything.
- Then apply hair conditioner
7. Oregano for Head Lice
This is one of the ways to get rid of lice permanently that work like a charm. You can buy one at your amazon here cheap.
How to Use Oregano for Lice
- Put it in a pot and add water to cover it. Then boil for 10-15 minutes.
- You can strain it if you want.
- Add it to your shampoo equal amount of shampoo and strained oregano.
- Apply it to your hair for about 45-60 minutes
- Repeat this for at least a week for the effective result
Bonus — Salt also work well
8. Salt for Head Lice
Do you know you can use that your kitchen salt to remove hair lice?
How to you Salt for Lice Removal
- Mix 5 tablespoon of salt and 5 tablespoons of vinegar thoroughly.
- Then spray the mixture onto your hair so that it becomes slightly wet.
- Cover your head up with the shower cap and leave it for about 2 hours.
- Then wash it off and add hair conditioner
- Repeat this process every for 5 days for better results
Now, what are you waiting for? Start applying one of the home remedies to get rid of lice permanently today.
Don’t forget to Leave a comment below and Let’s know which of the home remedies work best for you.