Are you one of those that find it difficult to just smile? You are probably too ashamed to show the world your teeth because they are yellow. Well, we have good news for you. This article will show you the best natural remedies to get rid of yellow teeth.
Can yellow teeth become white? This is one question that is often asked. Some people have yellow teeth, while others even have red teeth.
Having teeth that are not white is not the end of the world. Though it can be embarrassing, there are remedies to get rid of yellow teeth fast.
It is extremely important to take care of the teeth. You must make sure your teeth are white and healthy.
This is because the color of one’s teeth reflects the dental health of such individual.
Some will tell you that the fastest and easiest way to remove brown stains from teeth is by visiting a cosmetic dentist.
However, you should know that the methods employed by these dentists to eradicate your teeth stains are not healthy for your teeth.
There are so many other effective and less costly remedies to get rid of yellow teeth.
These teeth whitening products are less expensive and you can use them right at home.
Also, they do give fast results and have no side effects.
Before we proceed to how to whiten teeth instantly, it is important we know the causes of yellow teeth.
Causes of Yellow Teeth
There are certain factors that can be responsible for tooth decay and yellow teeth. Some of these factors include;
- Smoking: Stains from smoking cigarettes and other tobacco products can be very stubborn. Regular smoking can cause yellow teeth and bad breath if care is not taken.
- Diet: Does drinking coffee make your teeth yellow? This is a question that is asked frequently. You must know that certain foods and beverages, particularly those loaded with vitamins can make your teeth yellow. Some of these foods include coffee, red wine, and also soda.
- Fluoride: Excessive exposure to fluoride make your teeth yellow. This is even more common in children.
- Poor Oral Hygiene: Failure to take good care of your teeth is also one of the causes of yellow teeth.
- Illness: There are certain medical issues that can cause yellow teeth disease. These conditions can even affect the wisdom teeth.
11 Best Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Yellow Teeth Overnight
Now is the time to show you how to remove green on teeth and also the remedies to get rid of yellow teeth.
These remedies have little to no side effects and they consist of ingredients that you probably already have at home.
Below are the 11 best remedies to get rid of yellow teeth;
1. Baking Soda Remedies To Get Rid of Yellow Teeth
You probably have baking soda lying around already in your kitchen cabinet.
Also known as sodium bicarbonate, baking soda helps to remove stains on the surface of your teeth.
It is also effective in helping to reduce the rate of acidity in your mouth (1).
All you have to do is start brushing with baking soda and lime.
Below is a guide on how to use baking soda remedies to get rid of yellow teeth.
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- One lime or lemon juice
- A toothbrush
- Begin by mixing the lemon juice and baking soda.
- Use your toothbrush to apply the paste just on your teeth.
- Allow it on for about 2-3 minutes.
- Thereafter, rinse off with water.
- At first, do this 2 times every week. Thereafter, once in about 7 to 10 days.
2. Hydrogen Peroxide to Whiten Teeth
What better way to undergo teeth bleaching than with hydrogen peroxide.
Hydrogen peroxide is a natural home remedy that can help you whiten your teeth.
It is a bleaching agent so it is just excellent for this purpose (2).
Dentists even use a higher concentration for commercial purposes.
- A cup of distilled water
- One cup of 2 to 3.5% of hydrogen peroxide
- Take the hydrogen peroxide and dilute with water.
- Gargle the solution in your mouth for about 30-40 seconds and thereafter, spit it out.
- Do not swallow the solution.
- Then rinse your mouth using plain water.
- Do this two times every week.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Remedies To Get Rid of Yellow Teeth
This is another ingredient that must be readily available in your home.
Apple cider vinegar is known to contain mild acids which help remove those yellow stains from teeth.
It also makes your teeth become whiter over time (3).
This is one ingredient that can be used on sensitive teeth.
- One cup of water.
- ½ teaspoon of ACV.
- Begin by adding your vinegar to the cup of water and mix thoroughly.
- Gargle this water in your mouth before you brush your teeth.
- You can do this about 2-3 times a week. Make sure you do it in the morning before brushing your teeth.
4. Banana Peel
This is also one of the most effective natural remedies to get rid of yellow teeth fast.
Banana peel is known to be rich in potassium and manganese that help to whiten your teeth
- Begin by cutting the banana peel into smaller pieces.
- Take one piece of the peel and use it to rub all over your teeth for about one to two minutes.
- Thereafter, rinse off your mouth using lukewarm water.
- You should do this once every day.
5. Orange Essential Oil Remedies To Get Rid Of Yellow Teeth
The orange essential oil is one remedy we love. It is gotten from the rind of an orange fruit
Orange’s citrus content helps to whiten the teeth.
- About 2 to 3 drops of the orange oil
- A toothpaste
- Take the orange essential oil and put it on the toothbrush.
- Also, add the toothpaste to the toothbrush.
- Then use the toothbrush to brush your teeth as you normally would.
- Do this every morning for about one week.
6. Oil Pulling to Whiten Teeth
Oil pulling has been one of the best remedies to get rid of yellow teeth for decades.
It was first used in India to remove toxins from the human body and also improve oral hygiene.
You can use coconut oil for oil pulling because of its taste and its health benefits.
Coconut oil has the ability to kill bacteria and reduce inflammation.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil into your mouth.
- Then push and pull the coconut oil through the teeth for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Thereafter, spit the oil into the toilet or trash can.
- You can do this once every day.
7. Turmeric for Teeth
Don’t be fooled by the color turmeric gives your food. Turmeric is also one of the best remedies to get rid of yellow teeth.
It is very effective at removing deep stains from your teeth.
Also, it adds strength to the gums and teeth and frees them from dangerous microbes
- 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Begin by sprinkling turmeric powder on a toothbrush and use it to brush the teeth.
- Allow it on for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Thereafter, rinse off thoroughly.
- Then brush using your normal toothpaste after.
- Use this remedy just once as you will see an instant result.
8. Charcoal for Yellow Teeth
Charcoal is also an effective remedy to whiten your teeth.
You will make use of activated charcoal which helps to absorb impurities and also whiten the teeth quickly.
You also use it to maintain gum and teeth health.
- Powdered activated charcoal
- Begin by wetting your toothbrush and dipping it inside the charcoal.
- Use this toothbrush to brush your teeth in a circular and gentle motion for about 2 minutes.
- Thereafter, thoroughly rinse the mouth using water.
- You can do this once or two times weekly.
9. Sesame Oil
This is also another type of oil pulling.
Sesame oil is one of the best remedies to get rid of yellow teeth.
The oil helps to remove stains from your teeth.
- Take a tablespoon of sesame oil and swish it in your mouth for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- You must do this first thing in the morning before eating anything.
- Do not swallow the oil.
- Slowly swish it around and thereafter, spit out the oil after 20 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse your mouth with water.
- Then brush your mouth with your toothpaste after.
10. Epsom Salt
Of course, we will never leave out Epsom salt. It is effective in exfoliating those yellow teeth.
It also has immense antibacterial properties.
- A part water
- Epsom salt
- Add the Epsom salt to the water to allow it to dissolve.
- Use this solution to brush your teeth.
- Add in another round of water to the salt-water solution that remains and gargle it in your mouth.
- Thereafter, gargle with plain water.
- Do this about 2 to 3 times every week.
Strawberries have acids that help to lighten your teeth stains.
You will notice some changes in your teeth in no time.
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- One strawberry
- Mash up the strawberry and mix together with your baking soda.
- Use your finger or a toothbrush to apply this mixture on teeth.
- Allow it on for some minutes.
- Thereafter, rinse off and brush your teeth with your normal toothpaste.
- Do this once every week.
There are other remedies to get rid of yellow teeth. These over-the-counter products are also effective. You can make your selection here
Ensure you do not exceed the recommended number of times you use the remedies.