Looking healthy food diet for weight loss, up to 10 pounds in 7 days? Cabbage soup diet recipe is all you need to lose those unwanted weight fat. It is also an ideal weight watcher cabbage soup.
Cabbage soup diet is an easy diet plan and can also be said to be a fat burning soup diet that you should include in your healthy diet plan recipe.
It has been used over the years by different people. Although it has been upgraded or modified to make it more appealing to take for weight loss.
Benefits of Cabbage Soup Diet
Apart from these side effects of taking the cabbage soup diet, there are a few positive effects.
One of the positive effects is that it promotes weight loss.
This is achieved by activating your body’s metabolism level. It also prevents the increase of calories in the body.
Thereby, pushing your body to use fat as the energy source.
In addition, this leads to low sodium, low calories and increase in the fiber level in your body which promotes weight loss.
Another important benefit of the cabbage soup diet is that it is affordable.
All you need to make cabbage soup diet are vegetables, cabbage and a little meat which is great.
That being said, to get started get these cabbage soup diet shopping list.
Cabbage Soup Diet Shopping List
- Olive oil
- Vegetable Broth
- Green beans
- Yellow onions
Steps to follow for Cabbage Soup Diet
- Chop all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Boil the broth in a large pot.
- Add all the ingredients together and stir.
- Cover it and allow to boil while you reduce the heat to medium.
- Allow it to simmer for about 15- 20 minutes until they are tender.
- Season the cabbage soup with salt, coriander leaves, and pepper.
Cabbage Soup Diet Recipes for Weight Loss – Lose 10 lbs in 7 Days
- You should take fruits to start the cabbage soup diet on day one.
- Ensure you avoid fruits like banana, nuts, and avocados on this day.
- Take just two apples to start with.
- You can also make a fruit salad. Chop apple, watermelon, and guava into a fruit salad.
- Also, take fruits for dinner.
- However, ensure you avoid banana, nuts, and avocados as earlier mentioned.
- You can blend the fruits into a smoothie to have a different taste of the fruit.
- On this day you should take only vegetables, carrot, cabbage, etc.
- But, avoid corn or other starchy veggies.
- You should also stay away from dry beans, peas, and corn.
- Take the cabbage soup diet as explained above.
- Take it with a salad that is sprinkled with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- You should also take this cabbage stew diet for dinner.
On day 3, you may experience some kind of weight loss changes.
Try as much as possible to avoid foods that are rich in carbohydrates on this day.
Cabbage soup diet
- Take cabbage soup diet for breakfast. (See the cabbage soup diet description above)
Roasted piece of chicken with the cabbage soup diet
- Roasted chicken
- Cabbage soup diet
Have two roasted pieces of chicken with the cabbage soup diet
Cabbage stew diet
- Cabbage stew diet
- Eat a banana with the cabbage stew diet.
- Milk and banana
- Get 3-4 glasses of skim milk and take it with 3 fresh bananas
- Banana smoothie
- A bit of cinnamon
- Add the banana into a smoothie machine, milk and a bit of cinnamon.
- Blend them together.
- Take the cabbage soup diet for dinner and also have as much water as you can.
- Beef and cabbage soup
- Cabbage soup
- You can take protein with the cabbage soup.
- Now add the tomatoes to your soup and bake the beef.
- Cabbage soup with turkey
- Cabbage soup
- Take the cabbage soup diet with turkey and add tomatoes to the soup.
- Cabbage soup with roasted skinless chicken
- Cabbage soup diet.
- Roasted skinless chicken.
Take the cabbage soup with roasted skinless chicken and take it enough water.
Protein and veggies
It can get really boring on day 6, so you should spice things up by adding more proteins to your veggies.
You can have other vegetables apart from tomatoes on day 6.
- Turkey sausage and roasted veggies
Ingredients needed are:
- Turkey smoked sausage
- Sweet potatoes
- Whole carrots
- Bell pepper
- Large onion
- Fennel bulb
- Olive oil
- Roasted Garlic Flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Chicken broth
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut the turkey sausage into different equal pieces
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, onion and fennel into large cubes.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the olive oil, roasted garlic flakes, cracked black pepper, Italian seasoning, and chicken broth.
- Place all the vegetables into a casserole dish and sprinkle the liquid on them and mix them properly to coat all the vegetables.
- Now, cover the vegetables with a foil and bake for 45 minutes or bake until they get tender.
- Place the turkey sausage in a skillet, place it on medium high heat to roast it a bit.
- Take the vegetables from the oven and remove the foil.
- Place the turkey sausage pieces into the baked vegetables.
- Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar.
- Return it to oven and leave it uncovered.
- You should bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until the entire dish turns brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
- Stir fry with chicken and veggies
- Olive oil
- Skinless, boneless chicken
- Minced garlic
- Minced ginger
- Medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Sliced Red bell pepper.
- Red pepper flakes (adjust to preferable taste)
- A small quantity of soy sauce
- Chicken stock (adjust to the desired thickness with more)
- Brown sugar or honey
- Sliced vegetables (carrots, zucchini)
- Sliced green onion,
- Basil leaves
- Heat up the skillet with about 1½ tablespoon of oil.
- Now add chicken let it cook for about 30 seconds before stirring.
- Cook it for four to five minutes or cook the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Go ahead and beat together soy sauce, chicken stock, cornstarch, honey and set it aside.
- Immediately stir garlic and ginger into the skillet while you drop it in.
- Let it cook for about one minute or less. Do not let it burn.
- Now drop the red onions, pepper flakes, bell pepper and continue cooking for about two to three minutes.
- Add the vegetables and continue to stir for about two to three minutes.
- Return the chicken into the skillet.
- Pour the sauce mixture and chicken into the skillet, let it cook until it thickens.
- You can finally throw in the green onions and basil.
Spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and ground turkey
- Well rinsed spaghetti squash
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Other sweet onion
- Mushrooms stemmed, then sliced (about 2 cups)
- Frozen peas (optional)
- Zucchini, diced (optional)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Canned tomatoes
- Cup dry white wine
- Cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- Lean white turkey meat or chicken breast
- Do this below for the squash:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the squash into half but avoid the stem.
- Place them into a baking dish and bake them for about 45 minutes or until the flesh is easily pierced with a knife.
- Next stage: Go ahead and make the sauce
- Place about two tablespoons of the oil in a big sauté pan over medium heat.
- Now add the onions, the peas, mushrooms, and zucchini.
- Place in the tomatoes and the garlic.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a different medium skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil shimmers, go ahead and add the meat.
- Season it with the remaining salt and pepper and cook it for 15 minutes while you use a wooden spoon.
- Cook till the meat gets completely browned. Stir into the sauce until it is well heated together.
- Scoop out the squash seeds. You can discard them or reserve them.
- Use a fork to strip the squash flesh, drag the fork through it.
- Transfer the remaining strands to a mixing bowl.
- Spoon the sauce over the squash and mix it up together.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of the cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Brown rice and vegetables
- Ensure you avoid peas, corn, beans or potato.
- Olive oil
- Garlic clove
- Dried basil
- Herbes de Provence
- Brown rice
- Chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy pan.
- Add garlic and fry for it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add onions and leek and let it cook for about 3 to 4 minutes to get it softened a bit.
- Also add the diced tomatoes, stir and continue to fry for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and dried spices.
- Allow the mixture to cook for another 3 minutes while you stir gently for a couple of times.
- Now add broth and stir it gently.
- Allow it to boil.
- Lower the heat when the broth has almost evaporated and cover it tightly.
- Continue cooking until rice is fluffy.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Cauliflower stir fry with veggies
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Minced Garlic
- Diced yellow onion
- Finely diced carrots
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Medium sized head cauliflower, trimmed and florets separated
- Black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Soy Sauce or Tamari
- Add cauliflower inside a food processor and grind until it gets to the consistency of rice.
- However, in case you don’t have a food processor, you can use a grater has a replacement.
- Ensure you use the small holes for a better outcome.
- In a big skillet, heat oil over medium to low heat.
- Add onion and carrots, fry for 10 minutes or until they come tender.
- Put the red pepper flakes and garlic and fry for one additional minute.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet.
- Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes or until it gets tender.
- Add black pepper and coconut aminos, toss to combine with cauliflower.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Take cabbage soup and plenty of water
Side Effects of Cabbage Soup Diet
This soup diet is a low-calorie cabbage soup which is great for achieving weight loss.
However, you should note that there are some side effects which has been linked to the cabbage soup diet.
These side effects are;
- vomiting, and
- also tiredness of the body.
This is because of the deficiency in the essential nutrients of the body.
The diet is low in protein, vitamins, carbohydrate, and also minerals.
Also, consuming cabbage soup diet can lead to bloating if too much.
Kindly note that this low-calorie cabbage soup can only be taken for 7 days because of the side effects it presents.
Another setback is that it can cause complications for those with certain health conditions.
For example, those suffering from high blood pressure, kidney problems, and also diabetes are advised to stay away from this diet.
- Military Diet Menu Plan for Weight Loss- Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Days
- 3-Day Cardiac Diet: Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Days with Heart Healthy Foods
- Easy Crash Diet Plan for Weight Loss – Does it Work?
- Mediterranean Diet Recipes: 30-Day Meal Plan for Weight Loss
- Easy Boiled Egg Diet Plan: Lose 24 Pounds in 2 Weeks
The cabbage diet is an easy way to get rid of fat fast.
The diet explained in this article should not be taken for the long term.
Once you achieve your weight loss goals, be sure you return to a normal healthy diet.
Stay safe and good luck.