Are your legs and thighs too chubby? Or do you just want them to look skinny just in time for the bikini season? Then we’ve got you covered. Defined and beautifully toned legs and thighs are entirely possible all year round. Fortunately, this post will show you the best exercises that will help you on how to get skinny legs and thighs in 1 week.
The inner thighs and the legs are troublesome areas and many routines don’t target the muscles in these areas effectively.
However, the 9 exercises we have compiled below will show you how to effectively work those muscles to help you on your journey of how to get skinny legs.
9 Skinny Legs Workout to Help You on How To Get Skinny Legs
After going through tens of exercises that claim to target the thigh and leg muscles, we have concluded on 9 best workouts to help you on how to get skinny legs in just 7 days.
Below are these workouts;
- Side-to-side Plies 10X
- Plank to Stand Up 15X
- Kneeling Roundhouse Kick 15X
- Lateral Plyo Squats 15X
- Diagonal Lunge 20X
- Side Lunge to Crossover Tap 15X
- Scissor Power Switch 15X
- Hip Extension and Cross 20X
- Leg Rolls 50-100 Circles
1. Side-to-Side Plies
The side-to-side plies are one of the best workouts that can help you on how to get skinny legs in just a week.
It is a four-count exercise move that begins with just an easy ballet plie.
Performing this move is simple.
Below is a guide on how to perform the side-to-side plies.
- Begin by standing with your feet apart by just 3 feet.
- You should also be looking straight ahead.
- Point your toes and knees outward at about 45 degrees while your hands should also rest on the hips.
- Now bend the knees and thereafter lower the hips as low as you possibly can.
- Ensure your back is straight, shoulders are stacked just over the hips and also the knees point out over the toes.
- Now dip down into a plie position and maintain this position for about 30 seconds.
- Straighten your legs slowly and at the same time, slide the left heel into the right.
- Also squeeze the inner thighs together and maintain for about 30 seconds.
- Take a huge step to the left, and perform the same movement with the other leg.
- That makes it one rep. You can perform about 10 repetitions.
2. Plank to Stand Up
This is also one of the best thighs fat exercises to help you get rid of leg fat.
The plank to stand up workout is one tough skinny legs workout that helps to improve your flexibility.
It works your hips and also the hamstrings at the same time.
The workout also tones your legs, back, and your core.
The guide below will help you on how to get skinny legs fast.
- Begin by assuming a high plank position.
- Engage your abs and then step the right foot just in between the hands.
- Also, bend your knees to allow your right thigh to be at a parallel to the ground. Your back leg should also be extended.
- Now push your body weight just into the right foot and steadily stand upright out of your lunge position.
- Slightly lean forward using your upper body, and also tap the left foot on the ground just behind you at the top.
- Then bend the right knee and lunge once again to the ground. Ensure you place your hands flat on either side of the right foot.
- Thereafter, assume the plank starting position once again and repeat this movement with your left leg.
- You can perform 15 reps on each side.
3. Kneeling Roundhouse Kick
The kneeling roundhouse kick is one workout that is inspired by kickboxing.
It is regarded as one of the best workouts on how to get skinny legs fast.
It works your entire legs including the outer hips.
Explained below is a guide on how to use this exercise to get thinner thighs and toned legs.
- Begin by kneeling on a mat with your hands also placed on the mat.
- Your arms should extend under the shoulders and your knees also bent just under the hips.
- Now lift the left knee from off the ground and at the same time, bend your left heel in just close to your body.
- Then lift the left knee and extend it out to your side and try to bring it upwards to the height of your hip.
- Extend leg out and point your toes, with your shoelaces and shin facing front.
- Bend in your knee again and bring it down. However, ensure it does not touch the floor.
- Perform 15 reps of this workout on each side.
4. Lateral Plyo Squats
The lateral plyo squats is one unique workout that just had to make this list.
It is a quick plyometric interval that not only works your entire legs, it also gets the heart pumping.
This workout tones your glutes, thighs, and also the hips.
It is a sure way to get skinny calves.
- Begin by standing and place your feet together. Your arms should also be straight down by the sides.
- Now step the right foot to one side and stand with your legs apart by hip-width.
- Bend the knees and at the same time hold both your arms just in front of your body.
- Sit back into squat position and press hips behind your body. Your eyes should face forward and chest lifted at the same time.
- Then push off the ground rapidly using both feet and jump to the left.
- Ensure you land with the left foot and perform the same movement on the other side.
- You should perform 15 reps of this workout.
5. Diagonal Lunge
The diagonal lunge is one of the best workouts to help you on how to get skinny legs.
It helps you with your body control and coordination.
- Begin by standing and place your feet together.
- Let both your arms reach over your head and allow your palms face front.
- Use your right foot to take a large step out to the corner of your room. Ensure it is at a 45° diagonal angle.
- Also, bend the right knee and reach your upper body and arms forward just over your right thigh.
- Thereafter, try to lightly aim for the ground using your fingertips at either side of the right foot.
- Return to the initial starting position by pushing off of your right foot.
- Perform about 15 reps on each side.
6. Side Lunge to Crossover Tap
If you want to get skinny legs without building muscle, then this is the exercise for you.
The side lung to crossover tap targets the upper legs from virtually every angle.
This exercise works your glutes, quads, inner thighs, and hamstrings.
Below is a guide to help you on how to get skinny legs.
- Begin by standing and placing your feet together. Your arms should also be straight down at the side.
- Use your left foot to take a wide step to your side and thereafter, bend the left knee as you push the hips backward.
- Let your back be flat and let your eyes look forward ahead.
- Bring both arms to either side of the left foot and touch the floor using your fingertips.
- Now shift your body weight to the right foot and bring both your arms upwards to the sky.
- At the same time, bring the left leg just across your front body and tap the left toes on the ground past the right leg. This makes it one rep.
- You can perform 20 repetitions on each side.
7. Scissor Power Switch
This is a thigh slimming workout that is effective at helping to burn calories as you work your leg’s muscle fibers.
If you want to trim your thighs and legs, then include the scissor power switch in your workout routine.
- Begin by standing and place the right foot to the front with the left leg backward.
- Now bring your body down into the runner’s lunge posture and reach the left arm just towards the right foot as you extend the right arm backward.
- Then use both feet to push off from the groom and jump upwards as you scissor your legs midair.
- Thereafter, land back with the left leg forward and assume a runner’s lunge position.
- Also, bring your right arm across at the same time.
- You should perform 15 repetitions on each side.
8. Hip Extension and Cross
The hip extension and Cross exercise is an isolation workout that targets the glutes, and thighs.
Below is a guide on how to perform one of the best workouts to help you on how to get skinny legs.
- Begin by kneeling and at the same time, bend both your elbows downwards to the ground just below the shoulders with your hands also clasped.
- Now extend your left leg upwards just behind the body and point the toes as you extend the leg.
- Bend the left knee and also bring in the left leg. As you do so, lightly tap the back of the right knee using the left knee cap.
- Thereafter, extend the left leg outwards once again.
- Perform 20 repetitions on each side.
9. Leg Rolls
These leg rolls are one of the easiest and most effective workouts you can do right from your home.
They target your legs and help you on how to get skinny legs.
- Begin by lying on the right side and also place the left arm right on the ground just in front of your body.
- Raise your left leg to the level of your hip.
- Let your leg go up, down, and also around in circles.
- Perform about 50 to 100 circles on each leg.
Explained above are the best exercises that can help you on how to get skinny legs.
Add these exercises to your routine, plus healthy diet and you can thank us later once you see the magic they perform