Having a dry skin can be very uncomfortable and unpleasant to look at. This has led to many people seeking solutions like a homemade face mask for dry skin.
A dehydrated skin is an uncomfortable condition that is characterized by scaling, itching, and scratching.
Dry skin can occur for a variety of reasons, but most are caused by environmental factors that include hot or low weather, low humidity, exposure to certain chemicals etc.
Dermatitis is the medical term for an extremely dry skin.
Dry skin can develop on any part of your body. The most notable parts of your body susceptible to this condition are your hands, arms, and legs.
However, the good news is that there are a lot of remedies to restore a natural softness and add a glowing touch to your skin.
9 Best DIY Homemade Face Mask for Dry Skin
Having a glowing skin is everyone’s dream. However, skin dryness seems to be prevalent especially during the winter, when there is less moisture in the air.
The dry skin condition occurs when your skin is unable to retain moisture.
Several commercial moisturizers have flooded the market with virtually all of them promising the same thing; to give you a glowing skin. In addition to being expensive, most of them are made using chemical products that can react with your sensitive skin.
Luckily, there is an alternative and it doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg to purchase. There are several homemade face mask for dry skin that you can prepare and use at the comfort of your house. These are all-natural ingredients and will provide a lasting glow to your skin.
Below are 9 of the best homemade face mask for dry skin;
1. Coconut Oil Face Mask Moisturizer
Coconut oil is one of the best natural skin care products you can find. Everyone, from beauty gurus to medical practitioners have realized the numerous benefit available from the oil.
It is naturally rich in antioxidants and healthy acids. Coconut oil will soften and lubricate healthy skin cells thereby helping your skin to retain moisture.
It also breaks down dead cells and heals acne.
There are different ways and processes to prepare a coconut oil face mask.
However, you must always remember to use organic, unrefined, cold pressed and extra virgin oil to avoid skin irritations. Below are is our favorite coconut oil face mask;
Honey Lemon Coconut Oil Face Mask Recipes
This type of coconut oil face mask is a great combination that serves your skin all-round.
The coconut oil penetrates your skin to soften rough skin from within while the honey hydrates your skin cells. Lastly, the fresh lemon juice is a natural astringent that aids the contraction of large pores.
- Coconut Oil
- Raw Honey
- Fresh Lemon Juice
How to Apply
- Combine and mix the above ingredients thoroughly in a small mixing bowl.
- Apply a thick coat of mixture onto your clean face or skin.
- Leave the mixture on your skin for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Dry with a soft towel.
You can also mix coconut oil with sugar or banana and follow the same direction listed above.
Read Also: 11 Best Remedies to Tighten Face Skin Naturally at Home
2. Aloe Vera Face Mask for Dry Skin
Aloe Vera is a fantastic plant that has gained widespread use over the years. The Egyptians called the Aloe Vera “The Plant of Immortality” because of its various health benefits.
The Aloe Vera plant contains more than a 99 percent water content level, making it ideal for dry skin treatment.
Using this plant in your skin care routine keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized while also helping it to stay soft and smooth at the same time.
Ingredients of the Aloe Vera Face Mask
- 2 tablespoon of cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 8-9 date fruits
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 cucumber slices
How to Apply
- Begin by discarding the date seeds
- Blend all the ingredients, apart from the cucumbers, in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Allow it to refrigerate for about 30 minutes
- Then apply gently over the face and neck and place the cucumber slices over your eyes.
- Wash the mask after about 20 minutes in cold and warm water alternatively.
- You can apply a moisturizer after the last wash with cold water.
See-How to fix Dark Circles Under Eyes Naturally and Permanently at Home
3. Baking Soda Face Mask Recipes
Baking Soda is a favorite among many households. Almost every kitchen has this ingredient stored in their cabinet.
However, baking soda has several other benefits such as using it to clean and exfoliate the face. It is also known as Sodium Bicarbonate and is one of the best homemade face mask for dry skin.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of water
- Pea-sized amount of shea butter
How to Apply
- Combine and mix the baking soda with water in a small bowl.
- The mixture should be creamy and not too watery.
- Cleanse your face with a slightly hot water.
- Gently apply the baking soda face mask onto your skin in a circular motion.
- Leave it on for about 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Dry your face and use the shea butter to moisturize.
Read: DIY Essential Oil Perfume Spray Recipes
4. Banana Face Mask Recipes for Dry Skin
Bananas are nutritious fruits with multiple health benefits. The fruit contains moisture along with potassium and vitamins E and C that is highly beneficial for your skin.
The combination of banana, raw honey and yogurt will boost, nourish and add a golden glow to your skin.
- 2 Bananas
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- ¼ cup of yoghurt
How to Apply
- Peel the bananas and place them in a bowl
- Use a fork to mash them into a lumpy puree
- Add ¼ cup of yogurt into the mashed banana puree.
- Also, add 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- Use a spatula to mix up the combination
- Use a cosmetic brush to apply the face mask
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes or until it dries completely
- Wash off with warm water and gently dry your skin with a soft towel.
Read More- Top 11 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Stretch Marks in a Week
5. Egg and Olive Oil Face Mask for Dry Skin
The bright yellow egg yolk contains water and fats that nourish and hydrate your skin. In addition, the egg yolk also helps to lock in moisture.
Olive oil, on the other hand, replenish your skin without making it greasy. It also has vitamin E contents which give your skin greater elasticity. Those who have extremely dry and flaky skin can add banana to this face mask.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ banana
How to Apply
- Crack open an egg and pour the whites in a bowl.
- Ensure you keep the yolk in the shell.
- Then carefully transfer the egg yolk into a separate bowl
- Peel and chop ½ of a banana
- Use a fork to mash it into a puree.
- Add the egg yolk to the puree
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Mix well and apply a thick layer of this mask on your face in circular motions.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes to allow it dry on its own.
- Wash it off with cold water and gently pat dry your skin
- You can apply 2 or 3 drops of coconut oil to further moisturize your skin.
Read:How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne : 11 Powerful Tea Tree Oil Recipes
6. Oatmeal, Milk and Honey Mask
This is one combination that can be beneficial to the skin. Powdered oatmeal is a highly beneficial ingredient that removes dead skin cells and dirt from your skin.
Oatmeal, on the other hand, has anti-inflammatory properties and amino acids that helps to repair and heal the skin.
When combined with milk which is rich in fats and various nutrients, the method becomes one of the best homemade face mask for dry skin.
- Oatmeal powder
- Raw honey
- Milk powder
- Lavender essential oil
How to Apply
- Put 2 tablespoons of oatmeal powder in a bowl
- Add about 2 teaspoons of milk powder.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Add 2 or 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- Mix all ingredients well and use a cosmetic brush to apply to your face
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
- You can apply a light moisturizing cream to seal in the moisture.
Read Also- How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins Fast: 14 Best Natural Remedies for Varicose Veins
7. Avocado and Honey Face Mask for Dry Skin
Avocado is a natural moisturizer that contains lots of oils. This mask is a good homemade face mask for dry skin that can be used by those with a mature, wrinkled and dry skin.
- ½ of a ripe and soft avocado
- ¼ cup of honey
How to Apply
- Mash ½ avocado into a creamy pulp in a bowl
- Pour in ¼ cup of honey and stir to form a smooth paste.
- Apply onto your face and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with the help of a cool washcloth.
See-How to Get Rid of Acne Scars Fast; 9 Best Home Remedies
8. Butter Face Mask for Dry Skin
Butter is known to have a high concentration of fatty acids and vitamin A. This popular ingredient helps to moisturize the skin and brings out a natural glow on your face.
This is an easy homemade face mask that can be whipped up in few minutes.
- 1 tablespoon of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice.
How to Apply
- Combine all the ingredients into one bowl
- Mix them well until they are creamy and thick.
- Apply this mask in a thin layer onto your face
- Leave it on for around 20-30 minutes
- Wash away by using a warm wet washcloth and pat your skin dry
Read: 5 Best DIY Face Mask for Acne, Scars, Anti-Aging, Glowing Skin, and Soft Skin
9. Grape Face Mask
Grape is high in vitamin E which helps to retain the moisture in the skin. It also helps to eliminate dead skin cells to give healthy and smooth skin. Below are the ingredients for the grape homemade face mask recipes.
- A few grapes
- One pinch of flour
- A paper mask
How to Apply
- Wash the grapes as desired.
- Cut them in halves and mash them up.
- Add one pinch of flour and combine well.
- Take a paper mask and soak it in the mixture
- Wear the paper mask for about 20 minutes
- Wash your face and moisturize.
You can secure your hair with a hair clip to prevent it from sticking to your face after applying a homemade mask.
These 9 natural face masks are your best bet to achieve a glowing skin that is free from wrinkles and itches.
There you have them; natural solutions with directions on how to make a homemade face mask for dry skin.