Some of us hate the appearance of stretch marks on our body. Sometimes, they can ruin our look whenever we put on that sleeveless top. Mostly, stretch marks appear the thighs, upper arms, and abdomen.
We understand that this ugly scar is a source of worry for most of us. Therefore, we have decided to bring you home remedies to get rid of stretch marks in just a week.
However, before we proceed to how to clear stretch marks, it is important we answer the question “what do stretch marks mean” and the different causes of stretch marks.
What Causes Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks occur as a result of an increase in the cortisone hormone in the body system.
It also occurs due to skin stretching.
The cortisone is a hormone that is produced naturally by the adrenal glands.
Every human has this hormone in the body. However, when the body produces too much of this hormone, it can make the skin lose elasticity.
You will find stretch marks in certain conditions. They include;
- Stretch Marks appear when you lose weight or gain weight rapidly. Teenagers can also notice these ugly scars when they undergo a growth spurt suddenly.
- A lot of women experience these stretch marks during pregnancy. This is because the skin stretches in many ways to help make enough room for the baby. The continual stretching can also cause stretch marks.
- There are also some lotions, pills, and corticosteroid creams that can lead to stretch marks. They reduce your skin’s ability to stretch.
- Some adrenal gland disorders can also cause stretch marks. Some of these disorders include Marfan’s syndrome, Cushing’s syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. They cause stretch marks by increasing the number of cortisone in the body.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks
It’s impossible to completely prevent the appearance of stretch marks on the body.
These can help you to prevent those stretch marks that are caused by a sudden weight loss or gain.
For those that are pregnant, you should ask the doctor how much weight gain is just perfect for you during pregnancy.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks in A Week
Most of us look for ways on how to hide stretch marks. Some even go to any length to ensure they cure stretch marks.
There are some home remedies to get rid of stretch marks in just 7 days.
These remedies to get rid of stretch marks will show you how to remove old stretch marks and also the new ones.
Whether you have stretch marks on the stomach or stretch marks on thighs, these remedies will help you get rid of them.
1. Bio-Oil Remedies to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Bio-oil is just perfect for removing stretch marks pregnancy and to reduce the chances of scars appearing on the body.
It is known to contain an ingredient that is called PurCellin Oil.
This stretch marks oil is mixed with ingredients such as chamomile, lavender, vitamins A and E, rosemary, and calendula.
The combination of all these ingredients gives us Bio-Oil.
Below is a guide on how to use the Bio-Oil remedies to get rid of stretch marks.
- For those old stretch marks, use the Bio-Oil to massage the area two times every day.
- For pregnant women who want to prevent stretch marks, use the Bio-Oil to rub your hips, buttocks, breasts, thighs, and abdomen two times every day.
- Do this from the first 3 months of pregnancy.
2. Argan Oil for Stretch Marks
Argan oil has so many uses simply because of its immense benefits.
It is loaded with vitamin E and has powerful antioxidant properties.
These properties of argan oil help to heal and nourish your skin. They also help to get rid of deep stretch marks and scars.
Argan oil also rejuvenates the elastic fibers and collagen of your skin.
Below is a guide on how to use argan oil remedies to get rid of stretch marks.
- Apply the organic argan oil on your stretch marks and massage the area for about one minute.
- Do not rinse or wipe away.
- Apply the oil two times every day.
3. Stretch Marks Creams
Are you looking for a fast way to get rid of your stretch marks? Then you should opt for stretch marks creams.
They are effective and will help reduce the appearance of those stretch marks.
You can make a selection of stretch marks creams here on Amazon
- Begin by taking a warm shower to help open up the skin pores.
- Apply a thick quantity of the stretch marks cream on the area.
- Now massage gently for 2 minutes in a circular motion.
- Allow it on for about 5 minutes to ensure it penetrates fully into the skin before you put on your cloth.
- You can apply this anti-stretch mark cream two times every day till you see some changes.
4. Jojoba Oil for Stretch Marks Treatment
Jojoba oil is known to have incredible skin healing properties. It is also loaded with anti-inflammatory properties.
Jojoba oil helps to prevent stretch marks from progressing even further.
All you need to do is to start applying as soon as you notice the stretch marks appearance.
Additionally, jojoba oil also helps to stimulate the growth of newer and healthier cells.
- Take some drops of the pure jojoba oil and apply it on your stretch marks.
- Massage the area for some minutes and allow it on.
- Do not rinse off.
- Apply two to three times every day.
5. Castor Oil for Stretch Marks Remedy
This is another essential oil for stretch marks that helps with stretch marks removal.
Castor oil has a reputation for helping to treat hair fall and also skin diseases.
Below is a guide on how to use this stretch marks treatment.
- Slightly warm the castor oil.
- Thereafter, apply it on your stretch marks and massage the area for about 15-20 minutes.
- Do this once a day before you go to bed.
6. Shea Butter
Shea butter is a moisturizing agent that moisturizes the skin. It is also packed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Shea butter is known to help to keep the skin healthy and also repair your damaged cells.
Below is a guide on how to use shea butter remedies to get rid of stretch marks.
- Apply the shea butter on the stretch marks.
- Thereafter, gently massage into your skin.
- Leave the shea butter on. Do not rinse off.
- You can reapply the shea butter 2-4 times every day.
7. Roseship Oil Remedies to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Roseship oil is another effective remedy to get rid of stretch marks.
It is loaded with antioxidants which are really beneficial for the skin.
You might have also heard of the usefulness of vitamin A for stretch marks.
It is also rich in vitamins A and E which allows it to enhance your body’s collagen production.
It is loaded with fatty acids which boosts the rate at which your skin heals and also removes stretch marks.
- Apply a few drops of the roseship oil on the affected area.
- Massage the oil into your skin in a circular motion.
- Do not rinse off.
- Perform this application two times every day.
8. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of stretch marks fast.
It makes your skin smoother and hydrates the skin.
Additionally, it penetrates deeply into the skin and repairs any damaged cells.
- ½ cup of cocoa butter
- A tablespoon of wheat germ oil
- One tablespoon of vitamin E oil
- Two teaspoons of beeswax
- A tablespoon of kernel oil
- A tablespoon of apricot oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together and heat them until the beeswax has completely melted.
- Store the mixture in a container that is airtight and places in the refrigerator.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and gently massage it into your skin.
- You can do this two to three times every day.
9. Aloe Vera Gel to Clear Stretch Marks
Aloe vera gel is probably one of nature’s best gifts to humanity.
It is an incredible herb that has so many uses, most especially for our skin.
It soothes the skin and also accelerates the process of healing.
It also consists of various minerals, vitamins, and also enzymes that are known to have antioxidant properties (2).
- Grab aloe vera leaf and take out the gel from it.
- Thoroughly mix the oil from the capsules of vitamins A and E.
- Thereafter, massage thoroughly on your skin until the skin absorbs it fully.
- Ensure you do not rinse it off.
- Do this 1-2 times every day.
10. Vitamin E Oil Capsules
Vitamin E is one ingredient that is widely used in many lotions and creams to prevent aging of the skin and to remove scars
It is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which keeps your skin healthy and nourishes it.
Vitamin E also helps to heal stretch marks and scars.
Below is a guide on how to use vitamin E remedies to get rid of stretch marks.
- Take the vitamin E capsules and cut it open.
- Extract the oil from the capsules.
- Apply the oil on the stretch marks and massage thoroughly for some minutes.
- Do not rinse it off.
- Do these 2 to 3 times every day.
11. Olive Oil for Skin
The last home remedies to remove stretch marks in our list is olive oil. It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and also nutrients.
It is widely used to heal many skin problems such as stretch marks.
Additionally, the anti-inflammatory properties are also beneficial to the skin (3).
- Take an extra virgin olive oil and warm it lightly.
- Massage this oil into your skin for some minutes.
- Do not rinse off.
- Do these two times every day.
- 5 Best DIY Face Moisturizers for Dry Skin + How to Use Them
- How to Use Essential Oils for Ingrown Hair: 8 Best Home Remedies
- 11 Effective Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples Overnight
- 10 Best Essential Oils for Cellulite and Stretch Marks Removal
There are other remedies to get rid of stretch marks like laser stretch marks removal and striate for stretch marks.
However, these other methods have their prices on the high side.
Listed above are the best remedies to get rid of stretch marks by using ingredients you probably have at home already.
Try these home remedies and let us know how it goes in the comment box below