Do you hate those acne scars on your face that make you feel uncomfortable? Here is the good news: there are a lot of home remedies to get rid of acne scars naturally with no side effects.
But before we move on to acne scars treatment, let me answer this question” What is acne scar?
Acne scars are the damaged skin that remains after a pimple has gone away. While everyone wants to know how to remove acne scars in one day, it generally takes several days of treatment before noticing the results.
Understanding how do you treat acne scars starts with using natural products that are inexpensive and easily accessible.
There are at least 9 best ways to get rid of acne scars at home that can greatly reduce their appearance.
Causes of Acne Scars
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars Fast – 9 Best Home Remedies
1. Aloe Vera
This popular herb is common in many skin products and will help repair and regenerate the scar tissue which will lessen its appearance.
- Apply the gel over the scar and let it sit for about 30 minutes before washing it away.
- Do this twice daily and your acne scars will soon start to fade.
2. Baking Soda for Scars Treatment
Perhaps the most versatile natural product around, it is also one of the best ways to get rid of acne scars at home you can find.
- Mix baking soda warm water until it creates a paste,
- Then apply it gently to your skin where it will exfoliate and lighten the scarring.
- After massaging for a minute or two, wash off with warm water.
3. Honey for Acne Scars
Honey has antiseptic qualities and when applied to the skin will help the scars to heal.
Apply a little to each scar and let it sit overnight.
You may add a little oatmeal or cinnamon powder for greater effectiveness.
4. Lemon Juice
A little lemon juice dabbed on the scar tissue acts as a bleach, lightening the skin so that the blemishes start to fade away.
You should apply the lemon juice and leave it on for about ten minutes before washing it away.
Not only will the scars start to fade, but the vitamins and antioxidants will help restore the collagen in the skin.
5. Olive Oil for Acne Scars
Because it contains plenty of vitamins and antioxidants, olive oil is used to get rid of acne scars and you can find and it’s inexpensive as well.
The anti-inflammatory properties of olive oil help reduce the puffiness and a mixture with warm water makes it easy to apply before you go to bed.
Just wipe away the excess with a towel after application and you are done.
6. Raw Potato
Cut a raw potato into round slices and rub it into the skin using a circular motion. Keep going until you feel the juice inside the potato slice has gone dry.
It takes about 15 to 20 minutes for each application, but your face will look better and the scars will lighten considerably.
This is why it’s one of the best remedies to get rid of acne scars around.
- DIY Homemade Face Mask for Dry Skin- 9 Best List
- 5 Best DIY Face Mask for Acne, Scars, Anti-Aging, Glowing Skin, and Soft Skin
- DIY Essential Oil Perfume Spray Recipes
7. Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne Scars Treatment
It also loaded with ketones, amino acid, anti-oxidant, vitamins and minerals which make it good for your skin. It rejuvenates your dead skin cells and fades away the acne scars.
You can combine apple cider with honey for a better result
- ACV- 2 tablespoon
- Water- 14 oz
- Honey– 1 or 2 tablespoon
- Cotton ball
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne Scars
- Add all the ingredients together and mix them very well
- Dip the cotton ball in the mixture.
- Apply this to the affected are an area
- Leave it for about 30- 40 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with warm water.
- Do this at least once a day, especially before you go to bed for a better result.
People Also Read: 21 Insanely Apple Cider Vinegar Uses for all Health Problems
8. Coconut Oil for Acne Scars
- Apply it to the affected area with your fingertips before you go to bed and leave it overnight or you may wash it off after an hour.
9. Raw Tomatoes
Raw tomatoes provide vitamins and antioxidants to the skin.
- Cut the tomato into small pieces and crush them until you create a pulp.
- Apply the pulp to your face and leave it for about 20 minutes, then wash it off.
- Repeat every day and by the end of the second week, you should notice a big difference in the scarring.
The proven ways to get rid of acne scars fast at home with effects and will leave your skin feeling smoother and more natural.
So, which of the home remedies for acne scars will you like to use first? I’d love to know your thoughts by leaving me a comment below.